Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nearby

At last week's ThisOneCamera meeting, I asked the boys a question about how they approach their photography: Do you have your camera with you at all times and wait for something unique to appear? Or do you choose a subject beforehand? I think both of these approaches work in their own way, but I struggle sometimes with waiting for a photo op. I spend so much time in the same neighborhood, I see the same things every day, and I begin to take these sights and experiences for granted. How do I make art from the everyday? The following pictures were taken during a stroll in my neighborhood, with the exception of "Faces," which was a random sighting in Manhattan. I think both the quotidien and the unexpected can be powerful in their own way, but I hope to continue exploring how I can find new ways to view the ordinary.

Walk

Balconies

Graveyard

Clothesline

Faces


1 comment:

  1. Life is very matter of factly.

    Thats max brenner btw http://www.maxbrenner.com/

    ReplyDelete