Saturday, March 12, 2011

High Energy, High Contrast

So I usually shoot in color, but my friend Tommy gave me a nice roll of black and white film after I shot with him a couple of weeks ago.

The first shots on this roll were from the Air Waves show at Glasslands.
My friend Henry (drummer from my punk/metal band in Texas) joined them right before tour and their last stop was NYC.
I really like Glasslands--they have really awesome decor and installations like this dreamy tissue paper cloud-like structure that hung above the stage:





As I was walking back to the train from the show, I saw Jesus


A few days later, I was hanging out at an apartment in midtown. From the balcony the city looked like it was made of Legos.


Then I hit up the Frank 151 Rocky Business mixtape release party; Trouble Andrew opened the show.


However, I didn't stay for Rocky. The rest of the night was a blur...


Getting lost in crowds...


I don't know what is going on in this next photo, but I really love how it turned out.



Overall, black and white keeps it classy, but color will always mystify...
Until next week!

3 comments:

  1. i think that last pic is me taking u and matts pic the one he has as his default...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my flash makes matts profile crispy and your long exposure is catching the long trails of light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only mat had a picture of you and me taking a picture of all of us...

    ReplyDelete