Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Camp LeJune Trip

I went with two friends down to Camp Lejune, North Carolina. I went to document the homecoming of the 3-6 marines from Afghanistan. The following are what I have from a few days of photographing... The piece I am making however is video (so almost no actual photos from the homecoming are in this post). Someone once accused me of "taking too many pictures of my friends", this might not be too far from the truth... My friends are my heroes after all.

(CLICK FOR FULL SIZE PLEASE!)
Three Shadows on a Beach
"Propane Art" on Facebook

BIRDS

This Section is Jess (her blog http://photothuglife.tumblr.com/)





This Section is TIM (his blog http://timewithtimothy.com/)



Here are the Two Pictures I had time to take while shooting video




3 comments:

  1. My accusation was not meant dismissively. It was an observation, also an attempt to encourage you to actively pursue photographing something you have a natural inclination for. Eventually we'll have to come to terms with the fact that we are not great street photographers. We must move on to find something more personal, and hopefully in turn, our photographs will be better due to that.

    PS. Your photographs of Jessica have a nice feeling, at least for me. As if you two really know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and thought out Tim... I do believe what you said, made me realize that this is something I have a given talent for... But I shall still actively work out the photography "muscles" where I am weak, and continue to photograph in as many facets as i feel comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the two pictures you had time to take turned out beautifully. I adore what you did for me and family while you were here-- when I talk about my family, I mean my military family. Can't wait to see more of you! I loved you being here-- You and the gypsys were the best!!

    ReplyDelete